Experimental Honey-Soy Chicken with Shirataki Noodles
These were just experimental but omgggg they turned out so much better than I was expecting! Shirataki noodles are basically my favourite things in the world and if you havn’t tried them you really need to! They’re also known as ‘Slim Noodles’ or ‘Miracle Noodles’ and have less than 6 calories per serving :o
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Mixed vegetables (I used brocolli, carrot and leek but anything would work with this..I just need to go grocery shopping hehe)
- Shirataki Noodles
- Black pepper to season
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Tamari or soy sauce ( I used Tamari, as far as I know it’s basically the same as soy just with less sodium)
- Half a lime
- Heat the pan obviously :) Cut up your chicken into smallish peices. Chuck them onto the pan once it’s all warmed up. I cooked my chicken in coconut oil (so many health benefits and delicious). Season your chicken with black pepper at this point.
- While your chicken is cooking, start chopping up your vegetables and preparing the sauce & noodles according to the packaging on the noodles.
- To make the sauce mix the soy/tamari sauce, honey, lime juice, hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour some of the sauce onto the chicken and once the chicken is cooked through, add your vegetables & add some more sauce - leave some sauce for your noodles. The noodles soak up the flavour of the sauce so it’s good to leave them soaking for a bit.
- EAT! :)
I split this meal up into two and I’m going to eat the rest tomorrow.. it was so good I’m already looking forward to it x